Friday, December 29, 2006

Two conversations that show how the kids are growing fast

Conversation 1 (with Colin)
Colin: I had pizza with Jeremy last night.

Me:
What kind?

Colin:
Combination. I did not like the olives.

Me: When daddy was a little boy, he did not like olives either. But he likes olives now. (Here is where I expect Colin to say something about how we likes pepperonia or Hawaiian pizza or to reiterate that he does not like olives.)

Colin: That is because grown up taste buds are different from kids taste buds. You also do not like sugary snacks.

Conversation 2 (with Katie)

Me: Katie, did you like the Disney Princess backpack you got for Christmas?

Katie:
Yes! It's what I've always wanted so I can go to kindergarten.

Mom: Katie also got pom poms.

Me: Wow, Katie, you can be a pom-pom girl!

Katie: No, daddy, you mean I can be a cheerleader.

Me (chagrined): Oh. Right. You can be a cheerleader.

No comments: