Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Look, ma: a Prius!


Our Passat is getting a little long in the tooth -- plus its antilock brake system failed years ago, one in a long chain of Very Unfortunate Electrical System Mishaps. I've been hunting for a good commuter car that could (in a pinch) hold all 3 car seats.

Being the research nut that I am, I now know more than I really need to about the Mazda3, the Miata MX-5, the Infiniti G35, the BMW 3-series, the Honda Civic, the Mini Cooper, and the Nissan Altima.

But after all the investigation, I'm learning towards the Toyota Prius. I'm actually renting one from the dealership (Toyota makes this easy and even inexpensive compared to Hertz -- I'm guessing they chalk it up as a marketing expense) for a week to see if I can live with some of its shortcomings.

It's been fun trying to coax the maximum MPG out of it. I'm averaging just under 50 in mixed city/highway driving. More later as I log some more miles on it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: