Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sushi!

To celebrate Fedora's birthday, we ordered up the gigantic Joy Sushi Special. Would you believe this is their medium-sized sushi combination? Now I'm totally curious to see their large, which they call the Joy Sushi Cruise Ship. Maybe it features multiple decks?

Here are the hardworking sushi chefs assembling our boat. It took them about 45 minutes to finish, which seemed a little long. But we were in no hurry, so we enjoyed catching up with Tim and Sumin.



I hope this will be the first of many "shots I couldn't get with my point-and-shoot camera", as I was probably 30-40 feet away in a poorly lit environment when I snapped this shot from the 2nd floor balcony.

Yup, that means I finally broke down and got a DSLR (Christmas present to myself!). In retrospect, I think I paid roughly the same for my shiny new Nikon D90 (sans lens) as I paid for my first Olympus point-and-shoot years ago. Ah, the relentless march of progress!

I was on the fence between a Canon and a Nikon for the longest time, but finally decided I could get outstanding results with both cameras. Then I found a good deal on a twice-used 18-200mm Nikon zoom lens on Craigslist, so I concluded that God wanted me to get the Nikon. :-)

No comments: